Translate

Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Endorsement of the Century

© 2016 Cincinnati Enquirer 
When I moved back to Ohio two years ago after spending my entire adult life elsewhere, I knew I was moving to an area that was more conservative politically than any of the places I had lived since I grew up in the state in the 1950s and early 1960s.

The best news I had this week was the surprise announcement that the Cincinnati Enquirer had endorsed Hillary Clinton for president of the United States. It is truly the endorsement of the century--the Enquirer editorial board has not endorsed another Democratic candidate since 1914. The long, well-reasoned, and yes, conservative, statement is here. It bears thoughtful reading by all.

And if you are interested in how the team at the Enquirer came to their decision, and why it is even important for newspapers to endorse candidates in this day and age, you can find out in this video presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment